Register Now or call (908) 756 - 6868
Sports Performance Physical Therapy
In addition to moving our strength and conditioning center to this facility, we now have an on site physical therapist as well, Dr. Greg Chiang, who is also our volleyball director for ECC. We now have a medical professional as a resource to determine whether injuries are acute or require more serious attention. We also have an in-house therapist who can help rehab players/parents from those injuries.
Sports Performance Physical Therapy opens its doors inside East Coast Conditioning Sportsplex. With 10 years of experience with professional, collegiate, high school and younger athletes, Dr. Greg Chiang, DPT brings a wealth of knowledge to East Coast Conditioning. With a focus on rehabilitation of athletic and sports injuries as well as general strains and sprains, Sports Performance Physical Therapy is here for anyone with orthopedic issues. Common injuries seen at Sports Performance Physical Therapy: Neck Pain, Back Pain, Sciatica, Headaches, Shoulder Pain, Rotator Cuff Injuries, Tendonitis, Bursitis, ACL Reconstruction, Knee Pain and Ankle Sprains. Contact Dr. Greg Chiang, DPT at Sports Performance Physical Therapy with questions: 908-834-8800 or SportsPerformancePT@gmail.com.
About Dr. Greg Chiang, DPT
Dr. Greg M. Chiang, DPT
216 Tingley Lane, East Coast Conditioning Sportsplex
Edison, NJ 08820
Doctor of Physical Therapy - University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences, Florida (August 2002)
Bachelors of Arts in Biology - University of Delaware, Newark, DE (May 1999)
- E1: Extremity Evaluation & Manipulation
- E2: Extremity Integration
- S1: Spinal Evaluation & Manipulation
- S2: Advanced Evaluation & Manipulation of Pelvic, Lumbar & Thoracic Spine
- S3: Advanced Evaluation & Manipulation of Cranio-facial, Cervical & Upper T-Spine
- S4: Advanced Evaluation and Manipulation of the Pelvic Girdle
- MF1: Myofascial Manipulation
- Medical Diagnostics; Imaging for PT; Certified Weight Trainer (CWT);
- Sports Rehabilitation and Prevention of Athletic Injuries;
- Treatment of the Young Athlete; Complex Shoulder & Elbow Disorders;
- Effective Techniques for Total Body Strengthening
- Manual Therapy Certification (MTC); anticipated 4/2013
- Plyocity Certified Instructor – Plyometrics training; 11/09-present
- Certified Weight Trainer, C.W.T.; 8/09-present
- CPR – Healthcare Provider; 5/97-present
Sports Performance Physical Therapy, Edison, NJ 11/11-present
B.E.S.T. Physical Therapy, Middlesex, NJ 9/02-10/11
- Owner & Director of Physical Therapy and Daily Operations.
- Evaluation & Treatment of orthopedic, sports injuries, general sprains/strains of general population and athletes.
Director of Physical Therapy and Daily Operations
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation, West Orange, NJ 2/02-4/02
- Evaluation & Treatment of orthopedic, sports injuries, general sprain/strain, motor vehicle and worker’s compensation injuries (70-100 patient visits a week individually).
- Responsible for billing, scheduling of patients, equipment upkeep, ordering clinic supplies, hiring/release of employees, & continual physician reports of patient progress.
Evaluation & Rx of orthopedic, neurological & spinal cord dysfunctions
IMG Sports Therapy Center, Bradenton, FL 12/02-2/02
- Devised & implemented treatment protocols utilizing PNF, NDT, therapeutic exercise, vestibular rehabilitation, aquatic therapy, HEP.
- Actively participated in daily and weekly team meeting to discuss patient progress, goals, and discharge plans.
- Bollettieri Tennis Academy
Evaluation & treatment of orthopedic & sports related injuries to professional athletes.
- Devised & implemented treatment protocols utilizing mobilization, therapeutic exercise, swiss ball, modalities, aquacizer, HEP.
- Responsible for billing, scheduling of patients, and continuous progress reports to the physician.
- Rider University Women’s Volleyball Assistant Coach
- Atlantic Valley Volleyball Club – Associate Club Director & Head Coach
- USA Volleyball CAP I, II Certified Coach